I had a miserable night last night. I woke up around 2:30 am with severe gastric reflux, so bad that it was choking me and I felt sure that I had taken the acid into my lungs. I was coughing and choking so hard, that I was having trouble breathing, the pain in that area of my chest was terrible, and I was sweating and dripping snot from various facial orifices. Choking and coughing, I got up and managed to swallow a small bit of water, and then took four spoons of Gaviscon and that seemed to ameliorate the problem somewhat, though I was still choking away. I took two more spoons of the Gaviscon, and then took sips of water from half a glass of that.
I managed to get back into bed, somewhat calmer than I had been, and tried to get a bit of sleep again, which I did fitfully. I woke up when the alarm went off, but my chest was still sore and I've got a bit of pain there especially when I swallow. I showered and ate breakfast, and then went to work, where I am this morning. I don't know if I've caught some form of con crud or whether this is just due to something I shouldn't have eaten, but I don't feel well. But I have to be here at work. So I am.