The doctor's appointment today went off with mixed reviews. First off, the toe that I badly damaged is healing, albeit slowly, but will take some time to recover. He told me that I was doing a good job taking care of it, but that with the kind of injury I gave it, he wouldn't be surprised if I'm not completely healed until the late spring. The diabetes news was not as good. While my a1C and all the other diabetes tests were pretty good, there is a lot of concern over my LDL/HDL and Triglyceride levels. He's decided that the Lipitor is not the drug for me, and has changed me over to a low dose of Crestor to start with. I am somewhat concerned about the Crestor, especially some of the recently discovered side effects, but I guess I don't have a choice given the results with Lipitor. So another bottle of meds that I can consign to cupboard space because of a switch in medications. *sigh* Finally, the other good news is that I likely am not suffering carpal tunnel syndrome. I've been in excruciating pain in my right wrist for the last couple of weeks, but the consensus is that I've sprained the wrist pretty badly or done something else to it. It's a bit swollen, but like I said very very painful. So looks like ice and pain meds for this until it fixes itself. I hope.