The scenario itself was much easier to run, now that I have finished off converting the stats of all the Non-Player Characters from the homegrown system the module uses to the DW: AiTaS game system, and I found it a bit easier to run it and balance out all the little things that need to be balanced out in scenarios such as this. The players managed to wrap up the adventure in the four-hour time period that one has for this sort of thing, yet they still managed to deal with all the cultural aspects of the scenario, the interpersonal conflicts that this set of player characters have, the confrontations between the various religious factions, and the final conflict with the aliens of the scenario (whose identities I'm not giving away here!).
All of the players said that the scenario worked rather well, but suggested a few minor alterations to the adventure pacing itself, so I'll be introducing these pacing changes to the final two playtest runs that I do of the adventure over the next week or so.
To be honest, I'll be glad when the final playtesting of the scenario is wrapped up next Friday night, and am looking forward to getting back into campaign play of the stuff that I'm currently running game-wise.
In the meantime, time to spend a bit of time reading up on some of last night's NHL hockey playoff stuff.